Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup and rotated external drives

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup and rotated external drives
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 08:49:46 +0100

Dan, with your strategy each external drive will contain 6 sets of daily incremental changes and then 1 set of changes which covers 8 days (repeated every fortnight) - and they will be different from one another. It's workable but not ideal. John's strategy is more logical.

Do you have the possibility of running rsync from the server direct to an offsite location? That way you could keep your rdiff-backup repository on your server and regularly sync it to the offsite location, so no one has to run around with disk drives.