[rdiff-backup-users] will this work?

From: Eugene Johnson
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] will this work?
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 14:07:14 -0700 (PDT)

I have ~3TB of files on 2 different qnap nas boxes. These server have a lot of small files if that matters. One is on the local network and the other is offsite.

I would like to use rdiff-backup to backup my files to a removable sata drive in a linux pc. My idea is to get 4 4TB drives and run an initial rdiff-backup and then clone that drive to the other 3 drives. Take those 3 home.

Run rdiff-backup throughout the week (taking the drive home every night) and then on Monday swap that drive for one of the drives I have at home and repeat the process. I would always have 3 drives at home and wouldn't lose more than a couple of days of data at worst and could restore data from a long time ago if needed.

Crazy or would it work? Thanks for any input.