[rdiff-backup-users] migrated to new hard drive, now rdiff-backup sees e

From: Stan Schymanski
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] migrated to new hard drive, now rdiff-backup sees everything as new
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:44:14 +0100

Dear all,

I installed a new hard drive and used rsync to copy my home directory across, but when I first ran rdiff-backup on the new hard drive, it saw everything as new and all previously backed-up files as missing. How can I make rdiff-backup recognise the moved files as the same as the previously backed up ones? I do not want to start over from scratch, otherwise I'd lose previous incremental backups.

Thanks for your help!