Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup --verify 1.2.8 running around in c

From: Marc Haber
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup --verify 1.2.8 running around in circles
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 21:51:47 +0100

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 06:11:19PM +0000, Dominic Raferd wrote:
> I can't help with the python. But first step, unless the most recent
> backup is critical to you, is to try regressing the repository to get it
> back to a clean state, with the --check-destination-dir switch

Fatal Error: Destination dir scyw00225 does not need checking

>  If this refuses to regress, claiming that there is no corruption, I
>  have a bash script which can 'force' a regression. You can repeat
>  this as many times as necessary to get past (hopefully) the original
>  corruption.

So it'll be a "force regression, try --verify, until --verify runs
through", losing one full, probably uncorrupted increment per iteration?

> Secondly, rdiff-backup --verify switch gives only a partial verification
> of the repository. Daniel Miller wrote a patch, available for
> rdiff-backup 1.2.8, which adds --verify-full and --verify-full-at-time
> switches which can perform a full verification of a repository.

Debian's version does not seem to be patched. What does --verify omit?

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190