Re: [rdiff-backup-users] ANN: rdiff-backup-fs 1.0.0

From: Heiko Baumann
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] ANN: rdiff-backup-fs 1.0.0
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:45:45 +0100

i guess for most users its not a problem that the initial mount takes some time. one can do an automatic umount/mount after a new backup job is run.

just checking that the mountpoint is empty should be fine. in my case there was a file named ".keep" in the mountpoint (some gentoo stuff to prevent deletion of a directory on package uninstall) that forced the mount to fail. so you also should check for dot files. :)