Re: [rdiff-backup-users] ANN: rdiff-backup-fs 1.0.0

From: Adrian Klaver
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] ANN: rdiff-backup-fs 1.0.0
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 06:54:59 -0800

On Tuesday, February 08, 2011 11:36:31 pm Alex Schuster wrote:
> Filip GruszczyƄski writes:
> > I'd like to announce first stable release of rdiff-backup-fs
> > filesystem (formerly known as archfs). rdiff-backup-fs is a filesystem
> > that provides easy access and browsing of rdiff-backup archives. New
> > version of filesystem implements on demand revision data retrieval and
> > caching, so large rdiff-backup archives can be accessed (which was not
> > possible with archfs).
>
> Now this is _really_ cool!
>
> That's the one thing that I liked about rsnapshot, it gives you one
> directory per backup, using hard links to avoid duplicating the space of
> identical files. But I miss the compression, and, frankly, I found rdiff-
> backup easier to use.
>
> Great work!
>
>       Wonko

It looks very interesting to the point that I downloaded the source and
unpacked
the tar ball. What I can't seem to find is any documentation on how to set it
up
and use it. It is entirely possible I have gone by the docs without noticing
them. Any pointers would be welcome.

Adrian Klaver
address@hidden