[rdiff-backup-users] Restore to remote position

From: Edoardo Tenani
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Restore to remote position
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:31:17 +0100

Hello all, I'm trying to execute rdiff-backup this way:

rdiff-backup -r now local_backup_dir/some_dir remote_host::/some_dir.old

for some unspecified reason this command do not restore the backup in
somedir.old, as I expected, and simply complete it's task without
errors or warnings and without restoring files.

I didn't find anything on web about restoring to remote directory, is
this possible? Or is possible only with local directories??

Thanks
Best regards
Edoardo