[rdiff-backup-users] Re: Computed SHA1 digest doesn't match recorded dig

From: Daniel Miller
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Computed SHA1 digest doesn't match recorded digest
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:03:14 -0400

No response ... yet. does that mean that no one knows how to fix this problem?

I'm still getting the error on each successive backup.

Also, a possibly related question. It is my understanding (and seems to hold true after checking on my setup) that rdiff-backup does not backup a new version of a file if the file changes while rdiff-backup is backing up the file. For example, if a log file changes while rdiff-backup is backing it up rdiff-backup will discard whatever version it got and leave the archived version at the last successfully backed up state. I'm having this issue on several log files, and it happens on the same log files every night, meaning that the particular files in question have not been updated since the initial backup (months ago). Is there any way to tell rdiff-backup to keep whatever it gets, regardless of whether the files changes while being backed up?

~ Daniel