Re: [rdiff-backup-users] convert rdiff-backup code to c++

From: Jakob Unterwurzacher
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] convert rdiff-backup code to c++
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 18:05:15 +0200

Hi!

Madan Kumar schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I have downloaded the code of rdiff-backup. This code is written in
> python language.
> I want to compile this code but I dont know Python. Please guide me that
> how can I compile it and what should I need for that.

Python is an interpreted language. You can't compile it and you don't
need to.

But you *can* pack the Python intepreter along with the rdiff-backup
code into a single executable.
This is already done for windows: See
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup-1.2.8-win32.zip
.

> Another thing can I convert it to c++ or to vc++. If there is any code
> converter or any compiler, please provide me the name of that.

No, you can't convert Python to C++.