[rdiff-backup-users] Looking for best online backup, solutions

From: Terry
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Looking for best online backup, solutions
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:12:32 +0000

Josh Nisly wrote:

> Since we're talking about this anyway...
>
> I operate a small business providing online backup service, centered > around rdiff-backup. I've built an installation and backup selection > GUI on top of it so that it's easy to use, and have rdiffWeb set up > for easy data restoration.
>
> I'm not trying to advertise (hence no link to my website), but I did > want to mention this to point out that rdiff-backup can be used in > this way.
>
> Thanks,
> JoshN
that's interesting I am looking for a way to backup some laptops when they connect to the lan. Mostly documents and stuff but the big thorn in my side is there pst files which are GB's in size plus outlook process is often
not closed correctly due to add-on like Ack hanging on to it.
I have been trying rsync but am not that happy with it.
But maybe I could try an rdiff server on the lan.
I did think about bacula but with pools and good knows what to worry about its put me off a bit. But they do have a nice windows client
Terry