Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backing up from Linux to Windows?

From: Austin Roberts
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backing up from Linux to Windows?
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:12:17 -0600

Windows to Linux works fine with the native binary, Linux to Windows is where I'm having problems. Is there any way to start the native windows client as a server and back up to it? I've tried using SSH, and I can run the native Windows client (as opposed to the Cygwin version), but it complains when I try to specify the drive letter.

Tomorrow I'm going to try the BackupFromWindowsToLinux instructions, using a remote source and local destination. Hopefully I'll be able to script it so I can run a script from the Linux source and have the Windows destination initiate the rdiff-backup sequence with the native rdiff-backup binary.

If I get it working smoothly, I'll make a BackupFromLinuxToWindows page on the wiki.

- Austin