Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backup misses files with older date

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backup misses files with older date
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 10:53:26 -0500

bt101 wrote:
> tx for the info It's  good thing I'm only backing up my stuff.  I'd
> hate to be an admin who has to explain to users that their stuff
> wasn't backed-up.

Except that won't happen.  rdiff-backup always backs up each file
(assuming it's in an included directory) at least once.  Then, updates
will also be backed up, providing /programs don't lie/ about the mtime.

This is a problem with your TrueCrypt config, not with rdiff-backup.

Your idea of having rdiff-backup checksum every file on the drive is not
realistic.

Matt Flaschen