[rdiff-backup-users] 1.2.1 versus 1.2.3

From: Mac Guide
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] 1.2.1 versus 1.2.3
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 18:37:38 -0800

Hello

I am getting an error (possibly related to the different versions installed). Is the difference between 1.2.1 and 1.2.3 significant enough to cause an error?

My source is running OS X 10.5 and rdiff-backup 1.2.3.
My destination is running OS X 10.4 and rdiff-backup 1.2.1

Here is the error I get:

com:~ user$ rdiff-backup -v5 --exclude /Users/user/Desktop/safe/ / Users/user/ address@hidden::/userbackup/user/

Using rdiff-backup version 1.2.3
Executing ssh -C address@hidden rdiff-backup --server
Password:
bash: line 1: rdiff-backup: command not found
Fatal Error: Truncated header string (problem probably originated remotely)

Couldn't start up the remote connection by executing

    ssh -C address@hidden rdiff-backup --server

Remember that, under the default settings, rdiff-backup must be
installed in the PATH on the remote system.  See the man page for more
information on this.  This message may also be displayed if the remote
version of rdiff-backup is quite different from the local version (1.2.3).

Thanks!