[rdiff-backup-users] Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) for rdiff-backup -

From: Oliver Mulatz
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) for rdiff-backup - Later as Wiki-Entry - Request for comments now
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 12:58:00 +0100

Hi *,

most will use rdiff-backup via commandline, but some users don't feel
comfortable with/are used to graphical interfaces, so the below list might help.

Especially pyBackPack looks interesting, although it is not found in a
Google-search for "rdiff-backup GUI".

## pyBackPack - sponsored 2005 Google Summer of Code project ##

## PythonGTK2+ GUI for RDB ##
http://andrewprice.me.uk/projects/pybackpack/
http://projects.sucs.org/projects/pybackpack/
http://andrewprice.me.uk/weblog/all/pybackpack

Should work in CygWin under windows, too:
http://lists.sucs.org/pipermail/pybackpack/2007-May/000033.html

A graphical backup utility based on rdiff-backup.
The latest version is 0.5.6, released on September 25 2008.
----

## FlyBack ##
http://code.google.com/p/flyback/
http://code.google.com/p/flyback/downloads/list
+ PyGTK, so mostly cross-platform
- only several releases in Nov 2007

## rdiffweb ##
http://www.rdiffweb.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
+ requires only Python, PySQLite, CherryPy (for local webserver)

## rdiffbackupweb ##
http://rdiffbackupweb.sourceforge.net/
- requires php + mysql backend

## Keep ##
- only working in Linux KDE:
http://jr.falleri.free.fr/keep/wiki/Home
http://jr.falleri.free.fr/keep/wiki/Screenshots

---

If I have forgotten other working + maintained GUIs, please post to the list,
so I can create a RDB Wiki-Page for GUIs. Since I do not require a GUI,
I haven't tested any of the above, so feedback on this is also welcome.

Cheers,
Oliver