[rdiff-backup-users] Data Privacy from system administrator with rdiff-b

From: Dominic
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Data Privacy from system administrator with rdiff-backup
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:11:05 +0000

Is it possible with rdiff-backup to create backups on a (linux) backup server which cannot then be accessed by the system administrator? I think that Duplicity was created to provide this privacy, but in other respects rdiff-backup seems a much more polished solution and I wondered if this problem can be overcome while sticking with rdiff-backup.

For instance, no sort of third-party rdiff-backup-based backup solution is really satisfactory if the third party administrator can just read any customer's backed-up private files.

Dominic