Re: [rdiff-backup-users] symlinks backed up by rdiff-backup have new cur

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] symlinks backed up by rdiff-backup have new current date
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:00:07 -0500

On Nov 11, 2008, at 3:10 AM, sanyock wrote:
Both local and router systems run an up to date linux Debian testing
(Lenny).
I used rdiff-backup 1.2.1 on  installed from its repositories.
Only ext3 file systems were in use on both source and desctination.

I was using rsync.sh and rback.sh scripts from
http://www.aulix.com/rsync-and-rdiff-backup

Ack. Sorry for my reply first, think second approach this morning:

As far as I know, it is not possible to set the modification time on symlinks through any means. But please try to do so with rsync anyway. Their error message confused me into believing that it was possible.

Andrew