Re: [rdiff-backup-users] found too many current mirror incs

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] found too many current mirror incs
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:42:51 -0500

On Nov 10, 2008, at 9:39 AM, deepak jagtap wrote:

hi,
   I am using rdiff-backup 1.2.2 to backup few files every 1 min.

That is the source of your problem.

But I frequently got errors like:
"Found too many current mirror incs!"

I am not able to figure out why is this happening?
Doe's somebody already facing this problem?

You are not giving rdiff-backup have enough time to finish the job. There cannot be more than one instance of rdiff-backup running at one time.

How long does rdiff-backup "generally" take to complete on your system? (use the --print-statistics) option.

Then, set your backup to run automatically in a time interval greater than that. For example, on my system it takes about 15 minutes. Therefore, if I wanted backups all the time, I would set it to run every 20 or 30 minutes.

Andrew