Re: [rdiff-backup-users] IOError in backup.log

From: Bob Mead
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] IOError in backup.log
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:11:22 -0700

Andrew:
Thanks for your reply. I've added the exclusions and -v 5 to my command
line as follows:

rdiff-backup -v 5 --force --print-statistics --include /etc --include
/home --include /var --include /root --exclude-sockets --exclude-fifos
--exclude-device-files --exclude / / root@<destination server
name>::/home/backups/<origin server name>
rdiff-backup --force --remove-older-than 2M root@<dest. svr.
name>::/home/backups/<origin server name>

When I call rdiff using this cmd, it locks up the destination server
(console showed 'BUG locked Processor 1 for 11s' messages). I tried
gunzip to look at the gzipped error log I mentioned in my last and it
failed with an 'unexpected end of file' message. I have not been able to
get anything out of twice running the altered command line (as above) -
i.e.-no files are output as a result of running the cmd.

This is output when I run the cmd on the originating server:

Executing ssh -C root@(dest. svr. name> rdiff-backup --server
Unable to import module xattr.
Extended attributes not supported on filesystem at /
ACLs not supported by filesystem at /
Detected abilities for source (read only) file system:
 Access control lists                         Off
 Extended attributes                          Off
 Mac OS X style resource forks                Off
 Mac OS X Finder information                  Off

Then it just hangs at the return prompt.

Thanks,

        ~bob