Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Keep Getting Security Error Traceback and losin

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Keep Getting Security Error Traceback and losing connection
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:40:48 -0400

On Oct 8, 2008, at 5:02 AM, Hubbitus wrote:
With the new stable release, 1.2.x, backwards-compatibility is maintained.

It is not there if we speak about compatibility 1.1.15 and 1.2.0 versions?

Correct. 1.1.15 and 1.2.0 are NOT compatible.

Andrew Ferguson wrote:
You could also try using the new native Windows release of rdiff- backup (.exe), which does not require Cygwin.

I'm tryed. Firstly it is not compatibility itself, so, differs even path representation. So, I'm correct path and it is thrown error:

The error you are seeing is almost certainly because rdiff-backup is not executing properly on the remote host. Or, if it is, some other data is being returned by the login shell before rdiff-backup gets a chance to run.

Try:

$ ssh -C address@hidden nice -n15 /cygdrive/d/Hubbitus/Distributivs/ rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup-1.2.1-win32/rdiff-backup.exe --version

and see what it returns. It should return a line which says "rdiff- backup 1.2.0" and nothing else.

Although you may wish to continue using the ssh client/server in Cygwin for rdiff-backup's remote operations.

I am afraid that I do not understand you. Methinks I already use ssh in Cygwin for rdiff-backup's remote operations. Is there another way of using rdiff-backup?

I was just suggesting that you could use other SSH solutions on Windows such as the one from ssh.com or putty, etc.

Andrew