Re: [rdiff-backup-users] confused why rdiff-backup is not storing all I

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] confused why rdiff-backup is not storing all I ask it to
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 13:09:25 -0400

On Sep 2, 2008, at 12:50 PM, martin f krafft wrote:
When I run this, I found that it doesn't save any /var (e.g.
/var/log), /boot, /usr/local, but only /etc, /root, and /srv.

What's going on? When I inspect the console output, I see a lot of
stuff I can't really interpret, but which seems related to

 http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/rdiff-backup-users/2008-07/msg00030.html

Also, there's no mention of /var whatsoever.

What's going on?

Martin,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. At first, I was quite confused by your problem.

Now, taking a fresh look at your logs, I see that the answer is simple: you are running rdiff-backup version 1.1.16. There was a bug in 1.1.16 that was fixed in 1.1.17 (released 2008/07/17) which would have led to this scenario in certain circumstances. I suggest upgrading to 1.2.0 at least.

If you upgrade, all will be well.

Regards,
Andrew