Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem after upgrade

From: Pavel Lisý
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem after upgrade
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 20:54:51 +0200

On Pá, 2008-05-09 at 08:38 -0400, Andrew Ferguson wrote:
> On May 6, 2008, at 3:24 AM, Pavel Lisy wrote:
> >>  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/eas_acls.py",
> >> line 106, in write_to_rp
> >>    rp.conn.xattr.setxattr(rp.path, name, value)
> >> IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
> >> Fatal Error: Lost connection to the remote system
> >>

> >> What does this mean? Can someone explain it to me?
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > when I increased verbosity to 9 I saw this warning:
> >
> > Warning: unable to remove xattr security.selinux
>
> Hi Pavel,
>
> What version of rdiff-backup are you running on the remote end? I just
> want to be sure that it is 1.1.15 as well.
Yes, my version is 1.1.15 on both sites.

I have found today that when I have RHEL/Centos 5 on both sites it seems
to be working, but when on remote site is RHEL/Centos 4 or 3  I have got
that errors.

Could it be problem in python versions?

> Actually, I think this is a new error. You are seeing "[Errno 22]
> Invalid argument" from that call, whereas in the past, I have only
> seen "[Errno 45] Operation not supported" or "[Errno 1] Operation not
> permitted", both of which are now handled cleanly.
>
> To add your new error to the list of "don't fail on this" errors, go
> to eas_acls.py. You should see a test around line 110, which has:
>
> if exc[0] == errno.EOPNOTSUPP or exc[0] == errno.EACCES:
>
> change to:
>
> if exc[0] == errno.EOPNOTSUPP or exc[0] == errno.EACCES or exc[0] ==
> errno.EINVAL:
>
> and you should be good to go! The code in question should have a
> comment immediately above it that says:
>
> # Mac and Linux attributes have different namespaces, so
> # fail gracefully if can't call setxattr
>

> let me know if it works,
> Andrew

Thanks a lot, after this correction it doesn't stop, but I reveived lot of
warnings

local site:
CentOS 5,
python-2.4.3-19.el5, pyxattr-0.2.1-4.el5, pylibacl-0.2.1-6.el5

remote site:
CentOS 4,
python-2.3.4-14.4.el4_6.1, pyxattr-0.2.1-4.el4, pylibacl-0.2.1-6.el4

This is what I have got:

Executing ssh -C fun-backup rdiff-backup --server
Detected abilities for source (read only) file system:
  Access control lists                         On
  Extended attributes                          On
  Case sensitivity                             On
  Escape DOS devices                           Off
  Mac OS X style resource forks                Off
  Mac OS X Finder information                  Off
escape_dos_devices not required by filesystem
at
/export/backup/rdiff-backup/hk.tmapy.cz/fun/rdiff-backup-data/rdiff-backup.tmp.0
Detected abilities for destination (read/write) file system:
  Ownership changing                           On
  Hard linking                                 On
  fsync() directories                          On
  Directory inc permissions                    On
  High-bit permissions                         On
  Symlink permissions                          Off
  Extended filenames                           On
  Windows reserved filenames                   Off
  Access control lists                         On
  Extended attributes                          On
  Case sensitivity                             On
  Escape DOS devices                           Off
  Mac OS X style resource forks                Off
  Mac OS X Finder information                  Off
Backup: must_escape_dos_devices = 0
Starting mirror / to /export/backup/rdiff-backup/hk.tmapy.cz/fun
Processing changed file .
Processing changed file etc
Processing changed file etc/X11
Processing changed file etc/X11/X
Processing changed file etc/X11/X.rpmsave
Processing changed file etc/X11/Xmodmap
Warning: unable to write xattr security.selinux
to /export/backup/rdiff-backup/hk.tmapy.cz/fun/etc/X11/rdiff-backup.tmp.3
Processing changed file etc/X11/Xresources
Warning: unable to write xattr security.selinux
to /export/backup/rdiff-backup/hk.tmapy.cz/fun/etc/X11/rdiff-backup.tmp.4
Processing changed file etc/X11/applnk
Processing changed file etc/X11/fs
Warning: unable to write xattr security.selinux
to /export/backup/rdiff-backup/hk.tmapy.cz/fun/etc/X11/applnk
Processing changed file etc/X11/fs/config
Warning: unable to write xattr security.selinux
to /export/backup/rdiff-backup/hk.tmapy.cz/fun/etc/X11/fs/rdiff-backup.tmp.5
Processing changed file etc/X11/gdm
Warning: unable to write xattr security.selinux
to /export/backup/rdiff-backup/hk.tmapy.cz/fun/etc/X11/fs
Processing changed file etc/X11/gdm/Init
Processing changed file etc/X11/gdm/Init/:0
Processing changed file etc/X11/gdm/Init/Default
.
.
.
Warning: unable to write xattr security.selinux
to /export/backup/rdiff-backup/hk.tmapy.cz/fun/etc/X11/xsm/rdiff-backup.tmp.39
Warning: unable to write xattr security.selinux
to /export/backup/rdiff-backup/hk.tmapy.cz/fun/etc/X11/xsm
Warning: unable to write xattr security.selinux
to /export/backup/rdiff-backup/hk.tmapy.cz/fun/etc/X11
Warning: unable to write xattr security.selinux
to /export/backup/rdiff-backup/hk.tmapy.cz/fun/etc
Warning: unable to write xattr security.selinux
to /export/backup/rdiff-backup/hk.tmapy.cz/fun
No increments older than Fri Apr 11 20:16:01 2008 found, exiting.

Thanks for your help.

Pavel

--
Pavel Lisý <address@hidden>