[rdiff-backup-users] restore a specific directory

From: Lance W. Haverkamp
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] restore a specific directory
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:32:52 -0700

Hi all,

I have backed-up a user home directory over time. I now need to restore one (corrupted) subdirectory to the way it was a few days ago.

All the include/exclude instructions I can find only pertain to backup, not restore. Isn't there a way to restore one small subdirectory with-out rolling-back the entire system three days?

Would this this ONLY restore the subdirectory called .spamato?

rdiff-backup -r 3D --include /home/lance/.spamato /mnt/backup/lance /home/lance

I've tried some permutations, but keep getting errors; so please be verbose.

--

Thanks!

Lance W. Haverkamp
address@hidden
Contact & encryption info:
http://thehaverkamps.net/?Lance:Contact_Me

***
This email has been stamped using Penny Post. Stamping email helps combat spam.
Find out more about stamping your email at: http://pennypost.sourceforge.net