[rdiff-backup-users] About DeleteIntermediate feature

From: Yannick Patois
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] About DeleteIntermediate feature
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:22:47 +0100

Hi,

On the wiki, I saw this request for a "DeleteIntermediate" feature:
http://wiki.rdiff-backup.org/wiki/index.php/DeleteIntermediate

Is this feature planed, or even available somehow?

Could this be emulated by some script? Doing a sequence of:
for date in (some dates):
        rdiff-backup -r date /repository/A /tmparea
        rdiff-backup --current-time date /tmparea /repository/B

Problem I see are:
- It will take a lot of space (3 times backup space at least)
- It will take a lot of time  (maybe even more than the time between two
   scheduled backups - 24h for us)
- Will "--current-time date" option work fine for this?

Anyway, "DeleteIntermediate" option is a big big thing that would be
really helpful.

Thanks for your attention,

        Yannick

--
 _/ Yannick Patois _________________ Address (home) __________________
| irc(undernet): Garp on #france25+ | 4, rue du Scharrach              |