Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup 1.1.15 released

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup 1.1.15 released
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 19:38:33 -0500

Andreas Olsson wrote:
>> rdiff-backup is now quite close to a new stable release (1.2.0). Please
>> give this a good test. In particular, before releasing a new stable, I
>> would like to see how rdiff-backup handles upgrading a 1.0.x repository
>> to a 1.1.x repository, if that is even possible.
>
> I'll set up a few test backups and start doing some testing on converting
> 1.0.x  reposotires to the new version. I really like rdiff-backup as and
> since I'm not that much of a programmer I'll gladly with testing instead.
> Anything else you want to have some extra attention?

Thank you for your offer to test!

It would be great if you could test any special setups such as:
- network filesystems on Linux: NFS, CIFS, SMB, AFS, etc.
- Cygwin (Windows) on NTFS and FAT32
- Emulated/FUSE filesystems on Linux: SSHFS, EncFS, NTFS-3g etc.
- other unusual filesystems or combinations you can think of

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Andrew Ferguson - address@hidden