[rdiff-backup-users] Expected remove-older-than execution time?

From: Jan Söderback
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Expected remove-older-than execution time?
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 22:02:46 +0300

I started a --remove-older-than run on my backup server to remove a large number of increments (hundreds). The command has been running for over 24 hours now. Is this expected? If not, is it safe to cancel the command and run it again with a smaller number of increments? (rdiff-backup version 1.0.5 on CentOS 4.)

Also, I finally got around to uppgrading my Debian server to etch, but the rdiff-backup version in etch is 1.1.5. Is it possible to use this version with my backup-server running rdiff-backup 1.0.5?

Thanks,
Jan