Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Have problems with --no-compression

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Have problems with --no-compression
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:58:06 -0400

FamiliaFrazelle wrote:
> This is my little backup script so far...
>
> rdiff-backup /home/frazelle09/Documents
> /home/frazelle09/Network/JALALFRAZELLE/200Gig/HomeBackups
>
> however it compresses the new files, so i tried --no-compression, like so...
>
> rdiff-backup --no-compression /home/frazelle09/Documents
> /home/frazelle09/Network/JALALFRAZELLE/200Gig/HomeBackups
>
> but then the script tries to run and reports a large number of errors. (1)

Can you send the error messages that you get?

Also, rdiff-backup does not compress the file that you backup. It only
compresses the increment files which it uses to restore previous
versions of files (ie, the file as it looked two days ago, three days
ago, etc.). So I'm not sure what you mean by "compresses the new files".

Andrew

--
Andrew Ferguson - address@hidden