[rdiff-backup-users] include/exclude directories.

From: Mike Marseglia
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] include/exclude directories.
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:53:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

  I'm trying to use the include-globbing-filelist and
exclude-globbing-filelist to perform a selective backup of the system.
However, when I run the backup the directories I want excluded keeps being
included and I'm trying to figure out why.

address@hidden:/home/backups/bin# cat include
/etc
/usr/local
/var/lib/mysql
/home/web
/home/vpopmail
/var/qmail
/service
address@hidden:/home/backups/bin# cat exclude
/**
/home/**
/home/web/log**
/home/web/Trash**

/usr/bin/rdiff-backup --force --no-compression-regexp --parsable-output
--print-statistics --include-globbing-filelist /home/backups/bin/include
--exclude-globbing-filelist /home/backups/bin/exclude /
/home/backups/wizardry

I want to exclude all directories in home except web, and exclude
directories in web, like Trash and anything beginning with the word "log".

And when I run it, my backup directory /home/backups/wizardry/home/web
includes:
Trash  awstats  bin  ca  cert  cgi-bin  htaccess  htdocs logs
logs.previous logs.archive logAnalyzer

Any help is appreciated.

-Mike