Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with CIFS and Hard Links

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with CIFS and Hard Links
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 14:03:00 -0500

Doug Renfrew wrote:
> The problem is with the samba configuration on the device mimicking
> the the case preserving but still case insensitive behavior of older
> Windows. Unfortunately I am unable to change the samba settings with
> installing hacked firmware on the device because by default the device
> only give the admin the ability to configure the device through a web
> interface.

That shouldn't be the problem because the Mac OS X file system, HFS+, is
case-insensitive but case-preserving and doesn't have any problem with
this code. How are you mounting the windows share? SMB? or CIFS? with
what mount options? (rw, mand) perhaps?

I really wish I could reproduce this bug, but so far I haven't been able to.

Andrew

--
Andrew Ferguson - address@hidden