Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Performance

From: Jim C. Nasby
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Performance
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:13:46 -0600

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 10:15:53PM -0700, Corey Puffalt wrote:
> Is anyone else having any performance issues with rdiff-backup?

I've run into numerous cases where rdiff-backup just doesn't perform
well, especially over a network. For example, doing a restore I'm doing
good to see 800kB/s (according to Activity Monitor in OS X), while an
scp of the same file will do 2+ MB/s.

Reverting a failed backup is also very slow. As is listing the size of
increments.