[rdiff-backup-users] Problem on OS X

From: Jeremy Yan
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem on OS X
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:35:29 -0500

Hello,

I just decided to switch to rdiff-back from rsync for our lab's data.

First of all, I like the incremental way of backup things. Second, rdiff-back claim to be able to back up all the information on a Mac OS X file system.

However I am having some problems. I did not do a thorough test, but I have noticed that rdiff-backup cannot backup Finder color lable.

This is the same for 1.1.5 from Fink and 1.1.7 installed from modified Fink local information. And same problem no matter I have xattr-py24 installed or not.

I have read some email archives posted by Andrew Ferguson. I think 1.1.7 already have the patches so it should work but it is not working. Rsync, however, could preserve that color label information.

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!

Jeremy