Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: 'inc_compressed' bug

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: 'inc_compressed' bug
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 23:29:32 -0500

Sebastien Maret wrote:
>> After it fails, can you see if that first file even exists? (It should
>> ... it should be the file created in regress.py on lines 144-148, right
>> before regress.py line 153.) If it doesn't exist, than something is
>> going wrong with recreating the metadata snapshot.
>
> The file does not exists:
>
> [lorien:~/Lorien2/Backup] smaret% ls
> MacBook/rdiff-backup-data/rdiff-backup.tmp.1
> ls: MacBook/rdiff-backup-data/rdiff-backup.tmp.1: No such file or directory

Alright, that's our problem -- rdiff-backup is completely failing to
recreate the mirror_metadata file from January 4.

Can you run `ls -l
~/Lorien2/Backup/MacBook/rdiff-backup-data/mirror_meta*` and send the
output? I'm curious what the structure of your mirror_metadata
snapshots/increments looks like.

For instance, rdiff-backup makes a new snapshot after every eight diffs
so that you don't have to apply more than eight diffs to go to any point
in time. I can certainly imagine the regression logic screwing up when
undoing a transition (although I haven't looked at the code yet).

Andrew

--
Andrew Ferguson - address@hidden