Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Suggestion for documentation change

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Suggestion for documentation change
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:31:33 -0800 (PST)

sounds like the bug is that rdiff-backup decides there's a metadata change
and stores an almost-empty .diff.gz file even though it's not required.
even though the metadata change is innocuous...

seems like it would be possible to at least avoid the almost-empty patch
file when there is a metadata-only change.

in fact the problem happens for other metadata-only changes... such as
chown/chmod.

worth fixing if someone has the time :)

easier to fix the almost-empty .diff.gz file problem than it is to figure
out if a filesystem lacks persistent inode information.

-dean