Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup being maintained?

From: Kevin Horton
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup being maintained?
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 20:51:46 -0500

On 4 Nov 2006, at 20:15, dean gaudet wrote:

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Yeroc wrote:

dean gaudet-2 wrote:

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Keith Edmunds wrote:
[...]
but this shouldn't stop anyone else from contributing patches.
[...]

You're right that this shouldn't stop anyone else from contributing patches but the problem is that without a maintainer none of these patches get
applied to CVS and no new release gets created with the bugs fixed...

folks could attach them to bug reports in savannah...

sorry but ben didn't make me an admin for the group so i can't grant cvs
commit to anyone else.

If Ben lacks the time and/or interest to maintain rdiff-backup, is there anyone who is interested and capable of taking over? If so, he could inquire if Ben is willing to hand over control. If Ben doesn't want to hand over control, then the new maintainer could fork a new project using the rdiff-backup code.

I use rdiff-backup, and I hate to see it wither.

Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada