Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup being maintained?

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup being maintained?
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 12:54:32 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Keith Edmunds wrote:

> Ben, are you still reading this? Dean?

i'm here...

rdiff-backup just hasn't been at the top of my list for a while.  mostly
because i have a setup which works and there's a zillion other things with
higher priority right now.

i'm still using rdiff-backup 1.0.x cvs branch (there's a patch or two in
there beyond 1.0.4 release).  i only use linux -> linux, and only ext3/xfs
filesystems.

most of the stuff i've seen going across the list are 1.1.5 bugs, osx
bugs, windoze boxes, linux samba bugs, etc.  just not anything i'm excited
about working on, and i frequently can't even review such patches because
i don't have such a test setup.

there are a few bugs which could affect me -- such as the disk full issues
-- but my backup target disk has a heck of a lot of free space.

sorry :(

but this shouldn't stop anyone else from contributing patches.

-dean