[rdiff-backup-users] Merging multiple sources

From: Matthew . Smith
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Merging multiple sources
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:42:14 +0100

Hi,

I've been looking at rdiff-backup and I'm hoping it might be able to assist in solving a problem I've been having.

I have two Windows servers both part of a Distributed File System (DFS). They're supposed to be an exact replica of each other so that changes made on one are replicated to the other almost instantly. At some point last week, however, something went wrong and the replication has stopped. I now have many users using each DFS server and the changes aren't being made on both.

I'm interested in whether or not rdiff-backup will be able to take a backup of one source, then take a backup of a second source and "merge" the two so that I then have a single copy of all the latest data. If anyone knows anything about this I would appreciate your insight.

Regards,

Matt Smith