Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Has anyone managed to run rdiff-backup on windo

From: Karjala
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Has anyone managed to run rdiff-backup on windows?
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 23:58:22 +0300

David Kempe wrote:
Karjala wrote:
 > I have a rule to not install any setup.exe files from sources I don't
know. (Is your program GPL? Can the source code be found somewhere on the net?)

I have a rule not to help people who don't help themselves.
sorry.

I took a look at the batch files (after installing the "setup.exe" you talk about, under VMWare).

What the batch file does is run a version of Python (python.exe) that doesn't exist in Cygwin (which is what I use) and has a very complicated line to do the execution.

python2.4.exe -S %RDIFF-PATH%\rdiff-backup --remote-schema 'plink -C -i sloth.PPK %%s rdiff-backup --server' %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

I'm just looking for a very simple way to have cygwin launch rdiff-backup.

Has anyone done this?

If yes, please reply to me.

Thanks,

- K.