[rdiff-backup-users] Deleting unwanted files

From: Arnaud Guiton
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Deleting unwanted files
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:01:56 +0200

Hello everyone !

Yesterday, I added a few files to my daily backup and, among them, my
$HOME/.ssh directory. That was a mistake and would like to remove it from
the backup.

The FAQ says that the only way to do that is to to let the files expire
using the --remove-older-than option. The problem is that this option cannot
be used on subdirectories.
I guess I would have to delete all files backed up yesterday.

I thus have two question :
- Is there another clean way to remove a subdirectory added in the last
  session
- If not, to remove only the last session, have I to use
  --remove-older-than 0B or --remove-older-than 1B ?

Would the following method work, given that my backup directory is /backup
and that I just want to remove yesterday night backup (the last one) :
- execute: $ rdiff-backup --remove-older-than 1B /backup (or 0B ?)
- remove $HOME/.ssh from the include list
- backup as usual with: $rdiff-backup --include-globbing-filelist [other
  options] /backup

Am I missing something or is this ok ?
Thanks beforehand !

Cheers,