Re: [rdiff-backup-users] About rdiff-backup

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] About rdiff-backup
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:46:08 +0100

On 06/28/2006 9:32:50 AM +0100
Marc Haber <address@hidden> said:

> Is there any way to make this combination of rdiff-backup commands
> work short of updating the remote host's rdiff-backup to 1.1.5?

I've been there, and it is (or can be) very painful. I'd recommend that
you remove any existing repository on the backup server. The easiest way
forward is to downgrade the local system's rdiff-backup to the version
from Sarge, which is 0.13.4-5.

Keith

--
Keith Edmunds

|  Tiger Computing Ltd  |  Helping businesses make the most of Linux  |
|  "The Linux Company"  |       http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk      |