[rdiff-backup-users] About rdiff-backup

From: Stephen Liu
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] About rdiff-backup
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:03:10 +0800 (CST)

Hi folks,

FedoraCore5_64

rdiff-backup is completely new to me.  I'm searching a right tool to
backup a working Data directory residing on /home with following
requirement;

1) Just backup the working Data directory on /home.
2) The backup image can be restored to another HD on another Linux PC,
not only on the original PC.
3) The backup image can be read without restore
4) In order to reduce the time in creating another backup image after
working several days, the second backup will be started on the original
backup image.

I'm now running tar+bzip2 doing the job but can't do incremental
backup.  Would rdiff-backup suit my application?

Please advise.  Any other recommendation.  TIA

B.R.
SL