[rdiff-backup-users] Different location of rdiff-backup-data directory?

From: Ty! Boyack
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Different location of rdiff-backup-data directory?
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:55:52 -0600

Hi All,

I seem to remember a thread a while back about being able to specify where the rdiff-backup-directory exists, and thus being able to locate it outside of the backup repository. But I can't find anything newer in the archives than a 2003 discussion which ended in "a good idea for the TODO list." (just like so many of my projects...)

Does anyone know if this was implemented, or has anyone looked into what it would take to add a patch to make this a run-time configuration? For what it's worth, I'm more concerned with this feature for restore than backup, but it would be nice for backup too.

Thanks

-Ty!

--
 Ty! Boyack