Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff to SMB share?

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff to SMB share?
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 23:35:54 -0600

> I have been trying to use rdiff-backup on a Linux system to back things up
> to a SMB/CIFS share on some remote server. I have been getting the same
> errors regardsless of the rdiff-backup version I'm using. I also tried
> using CIFS versus the regular SMBFS. Searching the mailing list led me to
> find this thread. I'd appreciate any input. Here's a listing of the error
> with the latest stable version of rdiff-backup, followed by my system
> info:
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.3/site-packages/rdiff_backup/fs_abilities.py",
> line 262, in sanity_check
>     rp.touch()
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.3/site-packages/rdiff_backup/rpath.py", line
> 840, in touch
>     self.conn.open(self.path, "w").close()
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> 'emory/cgunay/home_backup/rdiff-backup-data/rdiff-backup.tmp.3/5-_ a.'

rdiff-backup is failing during the "sanity check" phase, where it just
does some basic stuff to a directory and makes sure the results make
sense.  In this case it seems it is trying to touch the file mentioned
in the error message, and its failing with ENOENT.

Maybe after it fails you can try creating that file, and see if it
works.

--
Ben Escoto