Re: [rdiff-backup-users] tape drives

From: Greg Freemyer
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] tape drives
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:16:23 -0400

On 5/24/05, David Kempe <address@hidden> wrote:
> Susanne Hemker wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I am looking for a new tape drive for backups and couldn't find any
> > good reviews online. Could anyone suggest a good drive for a regular
>
> Didn't anyone tell you tape is dead? isn't that why you use rdiff-backup? :)
>
> dave

I think your being facetious, but just in case:

USA law requires archival backup of lots of different document types
(including e-mail) for various time periods.  Often years.

This is based on the company structure, services, etc., but even a one
man doctors office is legally covered by HIPAA.

Somehow, I don't think rdiff-backup is going to be useful for those
long term backup needs.

Now making monthly tape backups of a rdiff-backup repository may be
just the ticket.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer