Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: [librsync-users] more info on 25gig files

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: [librsync-users] more info on 25gig files
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 21:33:16 -0700

> Well, that's what I thought I tested, but now I don't know what I was
> running with that rdiff command.  I'm really confused now looking at the
> minimal help what to do with rdiff as a test.  Any pointers?

Dean gave some simple instructions about rdiff, but I should clarify
what test I wanted you to do.  To isolate the difference between rdiff
and rdiff-backup's version, you could try running python-rdiff
(downloadable at

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/python-rdiff?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

) and compare that to running rdiff.  If rdiff works but python-rdiff
doesn't, then there is some problem with rdiff-backup probably.

--
Ben Escoto