Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Dev status report and request for maintainer/co

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Dev status report and request for maintainer/co-maintainer
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:27:26 -0800

> Does anyone feel that they can take over the project from Ben? I
> don't think I can commit the time it needs, but it would be a shame
> to see either Ben be "forced" to continue with it or the project
> die.

Hi, I don't feel forced to continue, I plan to keep working a bit on
it even if a new maintainer steps up.  But consider all the added
features from 0.12 -> 0.13:  resource fork, extended attributes, ACLs,
filesystem autodetection, user/group mapping, etc.  If there are
similar advances in the future someone else would have to implement
most of them.

--
Ben Escoto