Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Dev status report and request for maintainer/co

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Dev status report and request for maintainer/co-maintainer
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:41:06 +0100

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:17:32 -0800
Ben Escoto <address@hidden> wrote:

> In the future, I don't think I will have the energy to track down
> every bug, answer every email, or add significant new features to
> rdiff-backup.  This is why I think someone else working on the project
> is needed in the long term.  However, I do commit in the medium-term
> to checking patches in on a timely basis (as I have not done
> recently), and do a better job of processing the mailing list.

Well done, Ben. That's a tough thing to say - giving away the baby isn't
easy.

Does anyone feel that they can take over the project from Ben? I don't
think I can commit the time it needs, but it would be a shame to see either
Ben be "forced" to continue with it or the project die.

While one person to take over is preferable, if that fails is there a core
of people that would be prepared to co-ordinate patch integration and
releases?

Keith

     Business computing support: http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk
       Linux consultancy: http://www.TheLinuxConsultancy.co.uk