Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Force RSH for rdiff-backup?

From: Ryan Castle
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Force RSH for rdiff-backup?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:53:57 +1100

Hi,

Try the --remote-schema option.

Perhaps something like
rdiff-backup --remote-schema "rsh %s rdiff-backup --server"
Although on my system rsh has been replaced with ssh anyway. Or even
just use the --ssh-no-compression option. I don't actually think the
overhead of ssh itself is *that* high.

Alternatively you might find that a samba or NFS would be faster.

Ryan