Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error on FreeBSD: "select: Bad file descriptor"

From: Yann Golanski
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error on FreeBSD: "select: Bad file descriptor"
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:35:03 +0100

Quoth Keith Edmunds on Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 10:27:32 +0100
> I would start by identifying which file rdiff-backup is trying to back up
> when the failure happens (or does it happen immediately?), and the if
> nothing obvious appears to be wrong with that file, try manually copying it
> to the other server to see if that can back it up.

It was /etc but it was failing before that since rdiff-backup was trying
to parse the output from w.

> If "rdiff-backup --test-server" works, I'd say it is unlikely to be the
> fact that one machine is behind a firewall and the other not.

*nods* I thought it would be strange as well since all of it is going
via ssh.

Ah well, as is classical in the Internet, I found the solution a few
seconds after sending the message!

Sorry about that folks.

--
address@hidden                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318