Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error on FreeBSD: "select: Bad file descriptor"

From: Yann Golanski
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error on FreeBSD: "select: Bad file descriptor"
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:32:53 +0100

Quoth Yann Golanski on Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 10:28:04 +0100
> Does anyone have an idea why this is so?

*sigh*  Found the solution to this.  I was using Dean Gaudet's unattended
rdiff-backup pages for this.  It appears that the shell used by this
connections is an interactive shell.  Since I had some output done
within that, rdiff-backup was getting confused -- it was trying to parse
the content of "w" which it didn't like for obvious reasons.

So, it's all sorted and hopefully this will be archived and someone else
will find this if they have the same problem.

--
address@hidden                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318