Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Unattended

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Unattended
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:58:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, TOM wrote:

> I set up a backup server to do unattended backups to it.
> I created the config file per the unattended instructions and the first box
> backs up as expected.
> But I am confused as to how to get the second box to do the same?
>
> Do I need to create a separate config file for the second and subsequent
> boxes?
> If so, how do I tell rdiff which config file to use?

no, put them all in the same config file, just use different names.  the
"primary-backup" i use in the documentation is just an example.

for example my backup server /root/.ssh/config contains multiple entries
such as:

host zim-backup
        hostname zim
        identityfile /root/.ssh/id_rsa_backup
        compression yes
        cipher blowfish
        protocol 2

host gir-backup
        hostname gir
        identityfile /root/.ssh/id_rsa_backup
        compression yes
        cipher blowfish
        protocol 2

then you use "rdiff-backup zim-backup::/ /backup/zim" and "rdiff-backup
gir-backup::/ /backup/gir" as appropriate to backup the different hosts.

-dean