[rdiff-backup-users] cannot find valid current_mirror marker -> automati

From: David Garamond
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] cannot find valid current_mirror marker -> automatically resolve this?
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 00:19:13 +0700

------START OF OUTPUT------
Fatal Error: Bad rdiff-backup-data dir on destination side

The rdiff-backup data directory
backup-home-sloki/rdiff-backup-data
exists, but we cannot find a valid current_mirror marker.  You can
avoid this message by removing this directory; however any data in it
will be lost.

Probably this error was caused because the first rdiff-backup session
into a new directory failed.  If this is the case it is safe to delete
the rdiff_backup_data directory because there is no important
information in it.

Cleaning up
------END OF OUTPUT------

Perhaps rdiff-backup can provide a command line option to automate this, i.e. it deletes the rdiff-backup-data (or move it to rdiff-backup-data.0/ or something) and then start over. I had an accident today and just found out about this, and lost about 2 weeks' worth of data because I didn't realize this. I do daily backup on more than two dozen machines using rdiff-backup, so I didn't check the logfile everyday.

--
dave